Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The entry I wish I didn't have to write

Hey all. Its been forever since I blogged. So sorry. I wish I could say that it was because I have been vacationing and too busy! Or shopping! How fun that would have been! Instead, I have some unfun, unfortunate news.. In the 18th week of my pregnancy, I went in for an ultrasound expecting to see the gender of my baby, but instead got my heart broke! I lost the baby. My baby wasn't moving, and we were informed that it passed away at 14wks... I miscarried the next day. I still don't know what happened, but the doctor is running blood tests to determine if I contracted a virus that infected my babe, causing fetal demise.

I am coping surprisingly well, although I have to admit I have a tender spot in my heart that is going to take some time to heal. On the up side, I have more energy, fat to burn and am back to work, busying myself on all occasions.

I am thankful for my great hubby, who has been loving and compassionate as his heart was broke too. It is comforting to have such wonderful little munchkins who make me smile by patting my head and telling me everything is ok when I'm sad. And I know that despite my loss, I am blessed. And in ending, I want to share this poem that I have found to be beautiful:

The Pillar of Cloud

LEAD, kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,—
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet! I do not ask to see
The distant scene—one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou
Shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will: remember not past years!

So long thy power hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on,
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.

by John Henry Newman.

12 comments:

Aubrey said...

I am so sorry for your lose... You are so strong.

Krista said...

I'm so sorry Katie! We all miss you on West 1!

HeaddaMarie said...

Oh sweetie!! I am so sorry to hear that!! I love ya! Let me know if I can do anything! :)

Alli E. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is devastating to lose a baby. There is a book called "The life and loss of infants and unborn children" that is really good. It is by Sherrie Devasharie (sp?) Wittwer. I think you can get it at Deseret Book. Good luck with the healing process. My prayers are with you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. The book your friend recommended is a good one. A good friend of mine gave it to me. Our prayers are with you.

Kelly V. said...

Katie - I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

candice said...

my dear strong sister, i love you so much. hope you know that even when i am pesky it is always for your own good.

Christina said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care.

Bugs said...

Katie I am so sorry for your loss. You are so strong and I know you and your family will get through this difficult time. Take Care!

Unknown said...

Oh Katie, I am so sorry! If there is anything I can do, please let me know! Either way, we need to play soon. Miss you!

Nikie said...

Katie,
I am so sorry. My prayers will be with you. If you ever need to talk remember I am always here. I miss you!

JS said...

Sorry for your loss, I remember when I had my miscarriage it was the hardest thing I have gone through, One thing that helped me is getting back in shape and not letting bring me down. Call if you ever need to talk! -jenna