We are pretty much settled into our house, to the point anyway that I can't blame the mess on unpacking, but back to the 'ole dang kids response. Although I have yet to decorate. I am enjoying work, I am finally getting a schedule that doesn't cost me a fortune and I fall in love with almost every kid that I take care of! Its refreshing! Brandon's stress seems to be subsiding alittle. I think he was feeling alone in his struggles with work and school. One of his professors has a reputation for liking students to flunk- Brandon's dealing with it though. Now that I am getting the hang of the change, we help each other out.
Braden is excelling in school, homework is a breeze for him and he is done with all but six of the books on this year's reading list (he is only two months into school). I am hoping that maybe he can start the 2nd grade list next week when he finishes this one. Spence is loving preschool. He comes home with his homework and is excited about it- I think this was the right road for him because he is beginning to take pride in learning. Thats all I can ask from him right now. Syd is saying soo many words it seems... "mine".. "more".. "blanky".. "binky".. "drink".. "mom".. "dad".. thats just a few and then of course monkey talk.."ooh ooh".."aahh aahh". .I didn't make it sound like shes exactly a linguist (and I didn't type the words the way she phonically says them), but I wonder sometimes if we're the ones saying them wrong :) Syd can run now and takes advantage of it quite often when we ask her to come. (ps running toddlers are even cuter when they have thigh rolls and are pigeon toed). She has about 12 teeth now and they're big and gapped. Her Albert Einstein curls in back are getting more mad scientist-ish and I think she is about due for her first haircut. I am not embellishing my little supermodel either, pure truth, eat it and weep other Moms out there :).
I don't have much else to say. I kinda get alittle lonely for my pals in St. George sometimes and I'm glad that I have nocturnal friends, because we kit when I'm working. (ps I'll take anyones cell #s that are interested). I am really nervous for the snow and looking into alternative ways to work, but I am excited for the coats, sweaters and scarfs. I love winter clothing! I will be keeping you posted on Halloween, I'm not really creative enough to dress up, but Braden is being a Jedi, Spence Jengo Fett, and Sydney is going as quite the opposite of her personality..a lamb. Yes, I know adorable. We are pretty lacking in the scary dept, but who cares, right? And for not having much else to say, I've said alot. Till next time..
Thursday, October 9, 2008
In Case you were Wondering..
Posted by Birkka at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good to know you miss us down here in SG! I don't know if I've sent you a link to my blog yet. I probably need to do that. Feel free to chat online with me anytime. :-) I love winter clothes too and I miss fall and winter in Northern Utah so take advantage of it!
I love all the pictures on your blog:) I am glad that your found my blog so now I can keep in touch with you and your family. They are all so cute.
Where did you move to?
Post a Comment