Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Festivities,,,

Pumpkins.. They're AMAZzZing!! You can eat them, carve them, bake them in a pie or bash them. Btw- I don't really like people who do the latter, so don't do it. Anyway, a week before Halloween, we CarVed pumpkins. Yeahh! And it was A BLAST! Ice cream, pumpkins and stained hands. fun fun.



So I am still abit of a paranoid Mom and won't actually allow my kids to carve their own yet, but they drew the faces, and the adults carved, thank you Jay for helping.

Brandon got his miter or whatever it was powertool out and started hacking away at the pumpkin. We had quite the pumpkin dust pile flung all over half of our kitchen. Thank goodness, he noticed, I hate pointing out the obvious...! That only lasted for one pumpkin needless to say! If its not broken, don't fix it, right?- knives work BEST! None of this taking-after-my-dad-Brent-the-tool-man-power-tool-man.. :) Love you Brent.

So we couldn't have the kids sitting around while we carved away (and next year I think I'm gonna brave letting them have at it themselves..shudder)~ They had a special treat.. What says its-colder-than-we're-used-to, like ICECREAM?? MMmm vanillaey goooness (my favorite and I do the shopping. HaHa).

Then they chomped down their cones. It was a fun night.

0 comments: